With so many of us sheltering at home and the weather heating up, it’s the perfect time to try some new recipes for the grill. I created this Italian Chicken with Balsamic-strawberry salsa several years ago, and it’s become a family favorite. We like to serve it up with pesto pasta or rice. One of the my favorite parts of this recipe is that it’s easy to make ahead and it showcases the strawberries in season. The salsa gives us that blend of sweet and tart served over tender, grilled chicken. (You can also substitute fish for the chicken.)
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon chives
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
4-5 boneless chicken breasts
1. Assemble marinade. Coat chicken breasts.
2. Refrigerate approximately 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, assemble salsa and heat grill.
3 tablespoons red onion, minced
2 cups strawberries, chunked
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon chives or green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon mint, finely chopped
1. Chop ingredients and combine.
2. Refrigerate salsa until needed.
3. Grill chicken breasts. Cook approximately 5 minutes at a time on each side for about 15 minutes. (If you press on the middle of the breast with your tongs, and they still feel rubbery cook more.)
4. Top with chilled salsa and serve.
Side Dish Suggestions: Pesto pasta, grilled asparagus\